|Dojo Rules and Procedures
In the study of Ryukyu Kempo, it is important to have respect for the art, the
ancient master, the present masters as well as the dojo instructors and fellow
practitioners. A large part of that respect is show In the attitude and actions of
the student. Certain rituals are demanded by mere tradition, but serve only for
a better understanding of the traditional art of Ryukyu Kempo that is practiced
by our Alliance.
1. Never wear shoes on the training floor.
2. During class, discussion should be held to a minimum. Questions may be
asked by raising your Hand and being recognized. After the question is
answered, the student will say "thank you" and bow.
3. Bow anytime you enter or leave the Dojo.
4. Walk along the walls before of after a lesson. Never walk In the middle of
a class In session.
5. Always bow to the head instructor when entering or leaving the Dojo.
6. Always come to attention when a Black Belt enters the Dojo, even if it is
during a class.
7. Your uniform should always be kept neat and clean. The obi should be
worn at all times and properly tied around the waist.
8. No loitering or Horse play, students are expected to practice discipline at
9. No classes are held on legal holidays. School closing will be consistent
with the local school district In the event of weather related closings.
10. Never show anger or disgust, these are signs of lack of discipline and
self control and can effect your eligibility to advance In rank.
11. Students will not chew gum or have food or drink near the training area.
12. Prior to class, all jewelry should be removed that can cause injury to
yourself or other.
13. Never abuse weapons or equipment by throwing them Down or placing
them or placing them where they may be damaged.
14. Never interrupt an instructor when he is instructing or practicing.
15. Students should contribute to keeping the Dojo clean and In good repair.
|United Ryukyu Kempo Alliance